Making an Appointment
- You can make an appointment by calling our office at (714) 340-5133. You can also request an appointment here.
- If you are using insurance, please have your insurance information available when you call. Although we provide the courtesy of verifying your Acupuncture benefits, we recommend you confirm your insurance coverage prior to your appointment.
- Download and fill out the following forms prior to your appointment:
- If you are unable to complete our forms ahead of time, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to fill them out. We are unable to begin your appointment without the paperwork completed.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy: please make any cancellations or time changes within that time frame.
We accept most types of insurance. Plum FamiLee Acupuncture is currently an in-network provider for the following insurance companies: Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Cigna, Kaiser and Health Net. We accept insurance from other carriers as an out-of-network provider.
Depending on your insurance plan, the amount of coverage varies widely. Please be advised when your insurance company gives you coverage details for acupuncture coverage, these are just estimates. Your actual coverage may differ from the estimated amount.
Note: Insurance billing rates vary according to the length of treatment, the modalities used, and the complexity and severity of your condition. We will be glad to discuss this in more detail with you.
If you do not have insurance coverage for Acupuncture, we have reduced rates for patients paying out of pocket. Payments are due at the time of service. Please note that retroactive insurance billing is not available to those taking advantage of our Out-Of-Pocket rates.
Our rates for a typical treatment:
Initial Visit: $90
Follow-up Visits: $55
Preparing for Your Visit and What to Expect
Your first visit will usually last up to an hour and a half. It will include the initial consultation, evaluation of your health history, examination of your condition(s), and your treatment. We will also go over your recommended treatment plan. Your Acupuncturist will ask you a variety of questions about your health, lifestyle, and bodily functions. This would be a good time for you to ask any questions you may have about your health or Oriental Medicine in general.
We recommend you eat a snack or light meal at least 1-2 hours before your visit.
Please wear or bring clothes that are comfortable and fairly loose. It would be best to wear clothes that allow us easy access to your knees and elbows. A t-shirt with yoga pants or basketball shorts work great for treatments.
If available, please bring your latest blood test results, any radiology reports (X-ray, MRI) or any other information relevant to your health history.
We recommend you do not perform strenuous activities after your visits.